The stories begin

President Bruce McLarty meets a first year student and his family after a session during Summer Stampede 2013.

Campus is about to be full of first year students as the first session of Summer Stampede kicks of Thursday. We are preparing for approximately 500 students and their parents as they visit campus for the two-day informational orientation.

My Summer Stampede experience was an unforgettable one. Though I had visited Harding many times before, this event made things more real than anything else. I was officially a Harding University student, and leaving home to live in this new place was finally drawing closer.

I stayed in the dorm with my roommate, whom I had met the day we arrived, and I made vital connections with other students who became my classmates and friends. Remembering back on my own experience, I’m so excited for these new students and the Harding memories they will begin to make this week.

Students will explore academic paths through advisor breakout sessions and learn how to ease into college life socially, financially and academically. Parents get to be formally introduced to campus, some for the first time, and learn about University resources and how to transition with their new college student. Summer Stampede is an exciting prologue of hundreds of new Harding stories, and it only gets better from here.

Hannah Owens, news director

Tags: