Feb. 10, 2021 |
Dr. Robert C. Walker, chairman of the Harding University board of trustees, has appointed a presidential search committee to identify and recommend the University’s next president. CarterBaldwin, an executive search firm, has been hired to assist the board and the committee with the search process.
“We are conducting a nationwide search for a president that will lead Harding University in its vision as a Christ-centered institution of higher education,” said Walker. “We are searching for a mature member of the church of Christ who is led by the word of God and the Holy Spirit, committed to the spread of the gospel of Christ and focused on strengthening the University in its pursuit of excellence in higher education.”
In addition to Walker, the search committee includes board members, faculty and alumni. Charles Ganus will chair the committee.
Members of the search committee are:
- Tim Bewley, member, board of trustees; commercial banking officer
- Charles Ganus, vice chair, board of trustees; retired executive, Murphy Oil
- Stephanie Howell, member, board of trustees; private foundation manager
- Lundy Neely, member, board of trustees; retired CEO
- Roy Reaves, past chair, board of trustees; retired bank president
- Harold Redd, treasurer, board of trustees; minister
- Robert C. Walker, chairman, board of trustees; general surgeon
- David Collins, executive vice president, Harding University
- Donny Lee, dean, College of Education, Harding University
- Ron Smith, chair, department of mathematics; vice chair, Faculty Leadership Council, Harding University
- Robin Maynard, attorney; co-chair, President’s Council, Harding University; alumna
- Mark Weeks, CFO, Kingswell Capital; alumnus
- Cordell Zalenski, finance, Walmart Corporation; alumnus
A survey seeking input from Harding constituents will be sent in the near future.