This post was updated on April 17, 2020.
We will continue the current at-a-distance work arrangement for the next two weeks. Unless guidance changes before then, we will update again on April 30.
March 17, 2020 | COVID-19 Updates |
The University is operating with reduced on-campus staffing levels beginning this morning through March 29 as part of the state of Arkansas’ efforts to mitigate community spread of COVID-19. Arkansas K-12 public schools are closed through March 29 and are scheduled to resume classroom instruction on March 30 following their spring break. University employees have been encouraged to work from home if possible for the next two weeks as an effort to help stop the spread.
Campus offices are generally closed to walk-in visits but are available by phone or email. Please note these changes to campus operations:
- Office of Testing will be closed for the next two weeks. Contact Tina Gould at email@example.com.
- Bookstore will be closed until further notice. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 501-279-4351 for assistance with textbook questions.
- Heritage Inn will be closed until further notice.
- Harding University North Little Rock has transitioned to online-only instruction until further notice.
- Harding University Northwest Arkansas has transitioned to online-only instruction until further notice.
- Harding Academy is conducting online instruction until March 27.
- Student Life is open. Students should continue to contact the Office of Student Life (firstname.lastname@example.org) if they have a reason to retrieve items from residence halls. See below for access to academic buildings.
- Counseling Center is available to students, please call 501-279-4347 for options.
- Dining options are updated on hardingdining.com.
- The library and student center are open with tables and WiFi for students who need to work on campus. Library hours are 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Academic buildings are locked with the exception of the Administration Building (front door access only). Students can contact faculty or staff in their department to retrieve items from an academic building.
- Academic Resource Center is available to students, please contact email@example.com for options.
The following university-sponsored events are canceled:
- All Office of Admissions visit days through March
- All sporting events through the end of the semester
- ASI and Honors College joint presentation of Jerry “Boo” Mitchell on March 24
- Office of Advancement’s Say Thanks Day on March 24
- Department of Theatre’s “The Little Prince” March 26-28
- President’s Council Golf Scramble on April 10
- ASI Distinguished Lecture Series speaker Benjamin Watson on April 21
- Abundant Living’s Seniors Ministry Conference in Tennessee April 27-29
As the University is continuing necessary functions with reduced staffing, we are committed to serving our students through this transition to online course delivery. In this period of partial closure, it is the University’s top priority to maintain essential operations and services to students. We will provide further information as local and federal guidance is updated.